Dance lessons and online courses for beginnersFootsteps™ dance program
At William Maslin Dance Studios, we have lessons and courses to suit every level of dance. But what if you’ve never danced a step in your life? Don’t worry, we can tailor every dance program to the needs of the student so that our teaching is always perfectly matched to suit your experience and ability.
Dance lessons designed for beginners
Our Footsteps™ dance program is our number one proven dance course for beginners and is perfect for the person who has never danced before. We’ll start with the very basics in each dance style you choose and work at your pace to build your level of proficiency.
We deliver our dance lessons both in person in our Sydney CBD studio or online.
So the choice is yours. No matter what you choose, we’ll always make you a priority so that you’ll never feel overwhelmed.
In person dance lessons at our studio
Your personalised Footsteps™ program is made up of private lessons, group classes and social events. This program is designed to get you moving on the dance floor straight away. During your trial lesson, you decide which styles of dance you want to learn. After that, we’ll put together a Footsteps™ program exclusively for you.
How do in studio dance lessons work
Your first lesson is a $10 trial! When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly staff. We’ll sit down and have a little chat about your reasons for wanting to learn to dance and what you are aiming to achieve by taking lessons. Based on what you tell us, we’ll get you up and teach you a few figures in a few styles of dance.
And, don’t worry. We’ll make it fun and enjoyable. You’ll walk out surprised at how much you covered in such a small amount of time.
We’ll then develop a program that suits you. And once you enrol you then have control of when you take your private classes during your program timeframe.
As part of the program, you’ll have:
- the choice of which dances you want to learn. We’ll advise on complementary dances to make sure you get the most out of your program.
- free group lessons. where you refine what you learn. And learn more dances, outside of your program.
- free weekly and monthly in-studio socials.
- a dedicated teacher, working with you to progress through your program.
- a group of teachers you can call on for specialised lessons in technique, styling and more!
- the dance floor outside of your class times for practise.
- discount on our in person fitness classes.
- workshops and information sessions throughout the year.
When developing your program we consider:
- your natural ability. Some people just have rhythm, or simply pick things up quicker. We use our first lesson to discover your ability so we’re in a better position to advise you on how many lessons you’ll need to achieve your dance goals. Most people are better than they think!
- the music you enjoy. The style of dance is heavily influenced by the music. Dancing is moving to music after all. So while you might have your heart set on learning the Tango, if your favourite beats are modern pop, you might be a little disappointed!
- how you want to use your dancing. Are you getting ready for an upcoming event or do you simply want to learn for fun or fitness? These things influence the variety of styles and figures you may want to learn, and importantly how much time you’ll have to learn it.
How much will it cost
It’s hard to say. It’s a little bit like asking how much does a 4 bedroom house cost in Sydney. What suburb, is it double brick, single storey and have a big yard. Seperate garage. All of these different variables effect the price of a house and its the same with learning to dance.
Like houses, all of our personalised dance programs are different. So the things that are going influence the price are natural ability, how many styles of dance you want to learn, how many figures you want to learn, how much styling you’d like, and more.
There are a few things that we do promise:
- we’re fair
- we’re reasonable
- we’ll give you as much value as we possibly can.
Book your first private class today!
So you are thinking about learning to dance? Start off with a no obligation $10 trial class.
Come alone or with your partner and one of our great teachers will show you a few of our dances. You will get a feel for our studio and we’ll see how quickly you learn. With that, together we can plan a program to suit your needs.
Online, self paced dance courses
So you’d prefer to learn at home or want to build up your confidence before coming into studio for lessons. That’s ok too. We’ve put together some great online dance courses for beginners. We’ve taken our in person learning method and customised it for self paced online learning. We break each figure down into small components for you to work on. What’s more, we’ve designed our video tutorials for small spaces.
How do online dance lessons work
We have a couple of ways you can approach learning to dance online.
- Personalised online Footsteps course. Book a consultation and we’ll put together a custom course to meet your needs.
- Package a group of Footsteps courses to give you some variety.
- Choose a single Footsteps course that interests you.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll have access to:
- our online learning portal. This is where you’ll see the courses you are enrolled in, the course content and how much progress you’ve made.
- over 140 video tutorials for beginners in our Footsteps library.
- a range of other great online resources to get you on your way to becoming a confident social dancer.
- free monthly in studio socials.
Help is just a click away
If you need some help during your course, don’t worry, we’re only a click away. You can live chat with your instructor or even arrange a virtual lesson to work on aspects you’re having difficulty with. We’re right beside you every step of the way.
How much will it cost
- Online Footsteps dance courses are $45 for each style of dance
- Once you’ve completed your online courses, you can purchase a discounted in-studio private lesson to polish what you have learnt online.
Get the most out of your dancing
Whether you’re looking to gain confidence, increase your fitness, or just want to learn a fun new skill, our Footsteps™ program is a great way to learn the basics and have fun doing it. Everything that we include in your program is designed to help you achieve your dance goals as quickly as possible, so you don’t waste time and money on things that don’t interest you.
We know that once you get started you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.