Intermediate level dance lessonsFeel the Beat™ dance program
The William Maslin Dance Studios Feel the Beat™ program is specifically designed for dancers who have completed our signature Footsteps™ beginners dance program, or who have some previous experience in ballroom or Latin dancing.
Personalised dance lessons designed for intermediate dancers
At this stage you know that dance is more than counting steps and floor work and you’re ready to take your dancing beyond the basics. Our successful Feel the Beat™ program will build on your foundations in dance by adding additional components to your dancing.
We deliver our dance lessons both in person in our Sydney CBD studio or online.
So the choice is yours. No matter what you choose, we’ll always make sure you’re getting maximum value from your personalised dance program.
In person dance lessons at our studio
Your personalised Feel the Beat™ program is made up of private lessons, group classes and social events. If you are continuing on from a Footsteps™ program with us, we’ll be adding extra figures to your program and starting to add new elements to your dancing, such as footwork. Now that you’ve had a taste of dancing, you might also decide to add some extra styles as well!
If you’re joining us from another studio, we’ll assess where you’re at during your trial lesson, and design a program based on this. Whether you’re a continuing or new student, your Feel the Beat™ program will be designed exclusively for you.
How do in studio dance lessons work
If you are new to our studio, your first lesson is a $10 trial! When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly staff. We’ll sit down and have a little chat about your reasons for wanting to learn to dance and what you are aiming to achieve by taking lessons. Based on what you tell us, we’ll get you up and teach you a few figures in a few styles of dance to see where you are at with your dancing. We’ll then develop a program that suits you. And once you enrol you then have control of when you take your private classes during your program timeframe.
As part of the program, you’ll have:
- the choice of which dances you want to learn. We’ll advise on complementary dances to make sure you get the most out of your program.
- free group lessons. where you refine what you learn. And learn more dances, outside of your program.
- free weekly and monthly in-studio socials.
- a dedicated teacher, working with you to progress through your program.
- a group of teachers you can call on for specialised lessons in technique, styling and more!
- the dance floor outside of your class times for practise.
- discount on our in person fitness classes.
- workshops and information sessions throughout the year.
When developing your program we consider:
- your natural ability. Some people just have rhythm, or simply pick things up quicker. We use our first lesson to discover your ability so we’re in a better position to advise you on how many lessons you’ll need to achieve your dance goals. Most people are better than they think!
- the music you enjoy. The style of dance is heavily influenced by the music. Dancing is moving to music after all. So while you might have your heart set on learning the Tango, if your favourite beats are modern pop, you might be a little disappointed!
- how you want to use your dancing. Are you getting ready for an upcoming event or do you simply want to learn for fun or fitness? These things influence the variety of styles and figures you may want to learn, and importantly how much time you’ll have to learn it.
How much will it cost
It is hard to say. It’s a little bit like asking how much does a 4 bedroom house cost in Sydney. What suburb, is it double brick, single storey and have a big yard. Separate garage. All of these different variables effect the price of a house and it’s the same with learning to dance.
Like houses, all of our personalised dance programs are different. So the things that are going influence the price are natural ability, how many styles of dance you want to learn, how many figures you want to learn, how much styling you’d like, and more.
There are a few things that we do promise:
- we’re fair
- we’re reasonable
- we’ll give you as much value as we possibly can.
Online, self paced dance courses
So you’d prefer to learn at home or want to build up your confidence before coming into studio for lessons. That’s ok too. We’ve put together some great online dance courses for intermediate students. We’ve taken our in person learning method and customised it for self paced online learning. We break each figure down into small components for you to work on. What’s more, we’ve designed our video tutorials for small spaces.
How do online dance lessons work
We have a couple of ways you can approach learning to dance online.
- Personalised online Feel the Beat™ course. Book a consultation and we’ll put together a custom course to meet your needs.
- Package a group of Feel the Beat™ courses to give you some variety.
- Choose a single Feel the Beat™ course that interests you.
Once you’ve signed up, you’ll have access to:
- our online learning portal. This is where you’ll see the courses you are enrolled in, the course content and how much progress you’ve made.
- over 100 video tutorials for intermediate students in our Feel the Beat™ library.
- a range of other great online resources to get you on your way to becoming a confident social dancer.
- free monthly in studio socials.
Help is just a click away
If you need some help during your course, don’t worry, we’re only a click away. You can live chat with your instructor or even arrange a virtual lesson to work on aspects you’re having difficulty with. We’re right beside you every step of the way.
How much will it cost
The price of the courses are pretty standard, but it will depend on which program you decide to go with. We’ve broken them down below.
- Personalised online Feel the Beat™ course – as this is a personalised online course, the price will reflect what ends up being included in your program, so it is variable.
- Package a group of Feel the Beat™ courses – 2 courses 13% discount, 3 courses 16% discount or 4 or more courses 34% discount.
- Individual Feel the Beat™ courses – $150 per course.
Get the most out of your dancing
Whether you’re looking to gain confidence, increase your fitness, or just want to learn a fun new skill, our Feel the Beat™ program is a great way to build on the basics you’ve already learnt and have fun doing it. Everything that we include in your program is designed to help you achieve your dance goals as quickly as possible, so you don’t waste time and money on things that don’t interest you.
We know that once you get started you’ll enjoy it as much as we do.
Book your first private class today!
So you are thinking about learning to dance? Start off with a no obligation $10 trial class.
Come alone or with your partner and one of our great teachers will show you a few of our dances. You will get a feel for our studio and we’ll see how quickly you learn. With that, together we can plan a program to suit your needs.