Top 20 first dance songs for 2024The Ultimate Guide
To help you choose the perfect first dance song, we’ve compiled a list of our top picks for 2024. This list is based on the latest trends in wedding music, as well as our own recommendations for songs that are perfect for dancing to.
Tips for choosing a first dance song
When choosing a first dance song, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Mood: Choose a song that has the right mood for your wedding. Do you want a romantic and sentimental song, or something more upbeat and fun?
- Meaning: Choose a song that has special meaning to you and your partner. It could be a song that you first danced to, or a song that reminds you of your relationship.
Here are a few additional tips for choosing a first dance song:
- Consider your dance style: If you’re planning on doing a choreographed first dance, you’ll need to choose a song that is suitable for your dance style.
- Get your partner’s input: It’s important to choose a song that you both love. Don’t just pick a song because you think it’s popular or traditional.
- Listen to the lyrics: Make sure that the lyrics of your first dance song are appropriate for your wedding ceremony.
Once you’ve chosen your first dance song, it’s time to start practicing! We offer private and group dance lessons, so we can help you learn the perfect dance for your wedding day.
Here are a few specific song recommendations from our list:
- If you’re looking for a romantic and sentimental first dance song:
- When You’re Gone – Shawn Mendes
- All of Me – John Legend
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- If you’re looking for a more upbeat and fun first dance song:
- Heat Waves – Glass Animals
- Levitating – Dua Lipa
- Kiss Me More – Doja Cat, SZA
- If you’re looking for a Latin-inspired first dance song:
- Pepas – Farruko
- Con Calma – Daddy Yankee, Snow
- Despacito – Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber
No matter what your taste in music is, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect first dance song on our list. We wish you all the best for your wedding day!